April 18, 2007

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...really!

So sorry about the long gap between posts. I haven't had a chance to write since my last post and I'm really missing it. My BFF is probably getting sick of hearing me say "tomorrow should be better..." But, seriously, tomorrow should be better. I think.

I have the best daughter in the whole wide world. This morning when she got up she tried to make coffee for hubby and me. I didn't even know she knew how to make coffee! I'm sure the flavor would have been off, but wow, what a sweetie she is! It's little things like that that make you think you are doing a pretty good job as a parent. Or am I just getting delusional again? (Gayle...are you out there?)

This coming Tuesday will be the first anniversary of my sister's death. I am actually feeling pretty ok about it right now. I took the day off of work to give myself time to remember her and try to feel the strength of God's hands and my sister's love guiding me along this path. I just can't believe it's been a year already. So sad.

When 2007 rolled around I made three goals, two of which were pretty open-ended and turned out to be going nowhere for me. I've learned that I need regularly measurable goals in order to keep me motivated. I've recently made a couple new goals, but they are going to be kept to myself for now. These new goals require spiritual strength and letting my inner artist guide my creative projects. I'd love your support and prayers as I walk along this exciting path.

I'll pick up on my story very soon, I promise! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still here, still delusional. That's so sweet about the coffee. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...