April 13, 2012

THURSDAY THOUGHTS: On a Friday

I have so many thoughts to share and I want to share them all with you.  My problem is trying to stick to one thought and not dumping everything all at once.  I am going to post them a little bit at a time from now on.  They will still be titled THURSDAY THOUGHTS (for now) but will be posted as they are written.  The other parts of my blog will probably take a backseat, and I am okay with that.  I hope you are too.

I often feel that I am NOT ENOUGH.
Not smart enough.
Not pretty enough.
Not important enough.
Not a good enough mother.
Not a good enough spouse.
Not physically active enough.
Not patient enough.

You get the idea.   

This thinking leads to loneliness, depression, over eating, grumpiness and wanting more but not sure how to get it.  What a shitty state to be in.

But then I realized that in God's eyes I have always been enough.  I was born with the odds heavily stacked against me yet I survived, grew and prospered beyond my own expectations. Why did it take me 39 years to finally get this?

I am starting to approach everyday life with excitement and appreciation in a way I've never felt before.  I am learning to be a role model and treat life as a gift and not a burden, no matter what the circumstance.  Each life event, whether good or bad, is an opportunity to grow and isn't that what life is all about?  I think so.

One personal accomplishment to share today:


To share some good news, a friend of mine asked to do some collaboration using her amazing jewelry skills and my polymer clay pendants.  This is the first one she's made and she entered it into a contest on Vintaj.  It doesn't look like it will win, but I am so excited to see my pendant as part of such a beautiful piece!  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your clay pendants are gorgeous Penny! I was admiring mom's necklace thinking how awesome those would look on mixed media art too!

Anonymous said...

Hey niece, great blog. I have a good book for you to read. 'One Thousand Gifts, A Dare to LIVE FULLY Right Where You are' by Ann Voskamp. A.S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...