November 8, 2007

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Recovering

I was sick this past weekend--sore throat, body aches, fever, congestion and a cough. It wasn't pretty. I did as little as possible as I could, took naps both Saturday and Sunday and did some reading and movie watching.

I was too sick to join in our family outing to Aldo Leopold Nature Conservancy for "Families on the Frontier." There they gathered wood, built a bonfire and learned how to make butter by hand, and then cooked apples over the fire to make applesauce and finally biscuits. The kids had an awesome time and learned a lot too. Wish I had some pictures. They brought me back a plate with small cups of applesauce and butter and a piece of a biscuit. YUM!

I went to work on Monday though I wasn't sure I could make it. I didn't have a temperature and did feel somewhat better. I did make it all day long and in the afternoon started to feel even better. I kept it quiet for dinner and ordered a pizza and the kids and I watched Sky High and I read a little bit.

Tuesday I felt even better which is good because there was a lot to do. I've been busy at work and should be busy at home too. I had neglected laundry and dishes over the weekend so I needed to catch up. We ate, went grocery shopping, then after groceries were put away I did scrapping for an hour or so, came back upstairs where Hubby had planned to give me a massage. Here he had everything set up, the lights off, candles lit all around the room and soothing music playing. He gave me a great massage!

Last night I had planned to do some scrapping but I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch right after the kids went to bed. Guess I needed some sleep! Now tonight's the night for scrapping---I hope! I have another Prima Paintables layout just about finished.

I really, REALLY need to weed out my scrapbooking supplies. I have too much that I know I won't use. Maybe I'll list a few things here when I get organized.

I've been working on getting organized this week. Why doesn't it ever look like I've made progress? Anyway, I'm working on the dreaded Christmas gift lists for the kids too. I am not ready to think about Christmas or any other holiday at the moment for that matter! Are you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...