May 13, 2010

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Coping

HAPPINESS:  This past week we celebrated Mother's Day by taking my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law out for brunch at Big Foot Inn in Harvard, IL.  They had a wonderful buffet of smoked salmon, beef, ham, eggs, crepes, waffles, potatoes, salads, cakes, Swedish meatballs, fruit and more.  Champagne was served as well, all for a reasonable $17.95 for adults.  I thought it was worth the 20 minute drive considering our other options with similar buffet choices were all near $30 a plate.  I can't even eat my money's worth at Old Country Buffet so they make a fortune off of what I eat.  Hubby's brother and girlfriend also came down for the event.

After brunch we stopped at my parents' house for a visit.  Mom and I chatted about card making for a bit and I gave her the bird & nest candelabra set I had purchased for her.  She loved it!  I knew she would because I thought it was gorgeous.  My mom also showed me the memory book she finished about my sister.  That is always hard to read though it all holds precious memories as well.  Glad to have them, hard to look at sometimes.  We had some leftover meatloaf, pork roast, mac & cheese and homemade bread for dinner before heading back home.

It was a great day spent with family.  Can't ask for more than that.

This past week my daughter had her Spring strings concert.  It is her second year playing violin and she's pretty good at it.  She chose not to do a solo or duet which I was disappointed about.  I know she can do it, if only she had the confidence in herself.  As of right now she's wanting to join choir next year instead of continuing with the violin (can't do both in middle school).  I'm really sad if that is the path she chooses.  I just hate to see her stop something knowing that she will lose the skills pretty quickly when she does.


SADNESS:  I can't remember if I posted this but a couple of weeks ago my doctor put me on some blood pressure medicine to help treat my headaches but also to protect me from the genetic heart disease and high cholesterol that I'm dealing with.  The first couple of weeks I was truly headache free.  There were a couple of days where I could feel a headache coming on but it never developed.  This week has been worse, with headaches almost every day.  They are still not as bad as they were and I can deal with them pretty easily.  I have also been dealing with a lot of tiredness this week and waiting for the sunshine and warmer temperatures to return.  I'm sure all of the rain, cold and darkness we've had hasn't helped.


THOUGHTS:  My brother and his wife are due to have their first baby within the next few weeks!  The shower is this weekend and I'm very excited.  I can't wait to see how they react to their little girl and I can't wait to meet her!

CONFESSION:  I've been eating like crap this week.  Dove chocolate and Heath bars keep finding their way into my mouth.  Also lots of M&M's at night.  I'm drinking the last of my Smirnoff Blueberry & Lemonade tonight, hoping it will ease my headache a bit.  So yummy!

Trying to let go of some negative feelings and emotions this week.  So far I have been able to do that without a problem.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...