August 2, 2010

USE YOUR STASH - Scalloped Border, Stamps and Embossing Powder

This was made with some new Studio Calico goodness but I threw in some old classics that I hadn't used in awhile.

First, I've been trying to use my stamps a lot more.  I have many gorgeous ones that barely get used.  So, on this layout I used two different stamps.  The starburst on the lower right (Studio Calico) and the fancy frame that holds the title (Basic Grey).  The frame I embossed with my hot pink embossing powder that I'd bought from Stampin Up AGES ago.  I don't know why I thought a huge thing of bright pink, green, red and orange embossing powders would be a great deal, but I did and I've got TONS of it left so any use is a victory in my eyes!! 

Finally, I had this scrap of the brown Bazzill border that I wanted to use up and it worked perfectly with the colors on this page.  I used it to anchor the title and in the bottom right corner as an extra embellishment piece.

Title:  DC @ Night


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...