July 28, 2011

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Full Circle

I was just reading my Thursday Thoughts from 2005 and 2006 written before blogging and sent via weekly emails to my family and friends.  I always had a new surprise in there for you.  Either a motivational piece, a recipe, a goals scorecard, a joke, etc.  I would like to get back into that habit. 

I was curious ... what was I doing exactly 5 years ago?
I was attending my very first CHA in Chicago!!!  I met Tim Holtz for the first time.  I was successful in getting sponsors for our review team and having a blast meeting new people and was completely out of my comfort zone.  I woke up at 6:00 AM one morning and emailed Kevin my deepest thoughts about feeling overwhelmed and the need for decompression time.  I ate an early breakfast on my own, read the paper and journaled my feelings.  I also flew to Orlando for some work training and enjoyed a bit of time shopping in Downtown Disney.  I came back feeling overwhelmed but confident in myself.  I felt it was only a matter of time before I realized my dreams of writing and scrapping professionally.
I haven't achieved either goal but I still feel like they can both be a part of my life.  After taking a long break from scrapping I just rejoined Studio Calico monthly kits and am super excited to get that box of new goodies every month.  There is something so inspiring about receiving the new goods on a consistent basis.

I am also planning on doing some more submitting.  As far as design team work goes, the right opportunity would have to come along and not require a huge time commitment. 

My head is bursting with creative ideas for my shop and for a new novel.  I have a great concept in mind for what would be a third novel-in-progress.  I am going to hold off on starting that one and focus on finishing my other two first, at least have a first draft done.  My writing time so far has been zero, but I am trying to approach the process as a second job of sorts that requires regular writing time.  I am excited and will share my progress in weekly Wednesday posts.  

As far as the family goes, everyone is doing great.  My son has his last day of summer school tomorrow.  My daughter is now trying to learn the guitar after my son has pretty much abandoned his progress.  I also am interested in learning a bit of guitar so we may start having family guitar nights. 

I am also making sure the kids do lots of reading this summer and doing book reports on them.  The summer seems to be flying by!

Quote for the week:
“Success is largely a matter of holding on after others have let go.”
-unknown

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...