October 6, 2011

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Our evenings

It has been an absolutely gorgeous fall week with temperatures starting in the 40's and 50's overnight and reaching into the 70's the past few days.  The leaves are turning brilliant colors--red, yellow and orange--which really stand out against the blue sky.  I need to get some photos before the snow starts flying.  Ha ha...kidding, though maybe not.

Almost every evening you can find me outside in our backyard soaking up the last of the day's sunshine and letting the chickens roam around our yard.  Sometimes I read and sometimes I just relax.  If the kids aren't busy they will come outside too.

Last night was just like that though short-lived.  It is pitch black by 7:00 PM.  Pretty soon I'll be coming home in the dark.  This is what our evening looked like:
 
Adelita (four months old)

Espresso (about 7 weeks old)

Smores

Marley (front) and Smores

My daughter swinging.  She's such a cool little thing.

My son - after I prompted him to give me a real smile he acted like he was tickling himself and this is the result.

When I'm not outside you can find me in my scrap room creating some custom popcorn boxes and treat bags for Four Eyes Designs.  I've had several orders recently and they've kept me busy.
I made 24 of these for a little girl's birthday party.

And I'm making 15 of these for a Saved by the Bell themed bachelorette party.  I recreated a design similar to the show's logo and am using three different phrases on them.  I need to finish these up in the next couple of days.

Not sure if I'll have a post next Thursday as I will be in Denver for a conference.  Looking forward to visiting a new city!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...