February 13, 2008

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Having your cake and eating it too! I'll take seconds please!

I woke up thinking today was Thursday so here are my Thursday thoughts!

I have had a goal of writing for so long now and it just never seems to happen. It is hard to find the balance when I have two passions that take up a considerable amount of my time and energy. I had a revelation of sorts yesterday while reading The Writer's Digest. The theme of the article was "If you lay one brick every day you will eventually create a wall" (my analogy, not theirs). How hard is it to take 15 minutes out of a day to focus entirely on that passion? It won't be much but it'll be something and that's a lot more than I'm doing right now.

Since I'm so goal driven I have decided to e-mail a small group of people to receive my daily writings. It may not be much more than a paragraph some days but my reader's group will keep me motivated and on task. I chose people who have been very helpful to me in the past or whose opinions I have great respect for. If you have not received an e-mail from me but are interested please let me know. I will limit the amount of people I share with for obvious reasons. My reader's group has no obligation to comment on my writing at all, but I hope they do, and most of all, I hope they kick my butt into gear when I need it.

As far as scrapping goes, I have become quite comfortable with my current responsibilities and routine. I have also become more confident in my work and that means less of a need for competition. If something awesome comes along I'll consider it but I'm not going to go bananas about every opportunity that presents itself. I had a premonition last week about my future scrapbooking and if that comes true I will be just where I want to be. ;)

Right now I'm eating a large slice of chocolate cake, eating the batter from the bowl and scooping frosting out of its tub and into my mouth--metaphorically of course, and it is yummy!! Who knows what tomorrow may bring? For today, I'm going to have my cake and eat it too!




2 comments:

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Good luck, Penny! You can do it!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling more confident because you are an incredible artist. Thanks for such candid words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...