December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas from an Errant Poster

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope you had a fantastic holiday! Mine was full of family as well as some not to pleasant drama but I survived and I'm here to tell the tale! Ha! Seriously, families can be a pain in the ass sometimes and I'd rather not retell the tale but just know that I still love each and every one of my family members and it was good to see them again.

Part of the drama in the family is that both Hubby's Dad and his Grandma both suffered a stroke a few days apart from each other about three weeks ago. They are both doing well but it did throw some kinks into our Christmas get-togethers this year. Grandma won't be back to 100% since she fell and fractured her pelvis during the stroke and then had a second stroke while she was in the hospital. She does have some brain damage and will not be able to live independently anymore and that will be a big change for her.

That and I think money was also another source of stress for some. Everyone cut back this year, and some couldn't afford gifts at all, so there was a bit of wounded pride. Even though we all know that giving gifts isn't the real meaning of Christmas, it does make us feel good to give to others this time of year.

Now I'm starting to think about the New Year. Do you make resolutions? I normally write up a new set of goals each year. The past year or two have been really lackluster as far as my efforts and determination have gone. I'm hoping to get things back on track in 2009 as I say goodbye to my ScrapFriends gig (and hopefully hello to the CMK design team instead). Either way I've got plans.....whoooaaaa ha ha ha!! Can you feel the evil laughter?

I'll spend a bit of time writing down my goals. I hope you'll join in and share yours with me.

And...before I go...a little layout for you:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...