January 1, 2009

Welcome to 2009!!!

Happy New Year!!!!
I took this photo last June at a friend's graduation party. I had so much fun trying to capture fireworks with my new camera. Doesn't it look fab?? I could never have done this with my old camera.

So...it was just Hubby, Son and I last night. Daughter spent the night at a girlfriend's house. To make it special for K, we pulled out the sofa sleeper and piled it with blankets and pillows. We ordered pizza and watched movies and played games. Ate way too much and Hubby and I had a couple of mandarin orange martinis using a box of the kids' Juicy Juice, Cointreau and Malibu...yummy!!! We watched the Dick Clark Rockin' New Years and saw him come on later in the night...OMG...what happened to him? Did he have a stroke or something? He was nothing like I'd remembered him but I do greatly admire his courage and dedication to his work. Oh yeah...and Kellie Pickler was doing the Times Square interviews and she totally annoyed the heck out of me. She was like screaming her questions all night and that got totally annoying. (I don't know her from American Idol so this is the first time I'd seen her.)

I was the only one awake to see the New Year come in at our house, but that was long enough and I was off to bed.

I woke up around 9:45 AM...OMG...that's just crazy late around my house. Unfortunately, I woke up to a phone call from my mom telling me that my Grandma was rushed to the hospital early this morning. She's almost 98 years old and one of the strongest women I know, but this may be the end for her. It may be a blessing depending on how the next few days go. It's been hard to see her mobility and independence diminish to a point that we know she can't be happy anymore. She said she's been praying for God to come and take her so I'll send up my own little prayer that if this is her time that she go quickly and peacefully and that her current suffering doesn't linger or worsen.

I've been giving a lot of thought to my goals for 2009. I'll make them but always have a super hard time sticking to them. So this year I want to make sure that I make goals that I can keep. Hopefully this short list will be the start of me walking the path to my long-held dreams. No more excuses. Here they are:
  1. Exercise a minimum of twice a week
  2. Take at least one picture every day this year. (Preferrably these would end up in a scrapbook, but I'm not commiting to that.)
  3. Write my novel on a consistent schedule.
I've been aligning my life to meet these goals so I'm confident that I can achieve them. Here's hoping to an incredible 2009...and perhaps my best year EVER! Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dick Clark did indeed have a stroke. I believe it was in 2007, but I'm not sure. Hope things with your grandmother go as well as they can, in whatever way that may be, and best wishes to you in 2009.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny - I've been missing your posts on SF! Sounds like you had a great New Years (except for your Grandmother - My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family).

We watched the Dick Clark show as well - he did have a stroke some time ago - and even tho I'm happy he can still work - it was awful to see him like that. I remember him from American Bandstand, being so different! And yes, Kellie was SUPER-annoying. Is she from American Idol? I wondered why they would choose her for the interviewing since she obviously did not know how to do it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And don't be a stranger!

SALTZWORKS said...

Hey there friend,

I want to know about your novel :) What kind, how long you've been writing and do you go to workshops? I just sent my picture book to an agent and am workshopping my trilogy :) We can keep each other motivated!!

SALTZWORKS said...

How is your Grandmother? I'll hope for the best for you and your family - hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...