December 31, 2009

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Goodbye to '09

I'm having issues.

I am completely exhausted. So tired, I feel drunk. My dog is sick and woke me in the middle of the night with an ass explosion. Lovely. Needless to say, not only did I feel vomitous after cleaning it up, but I couldn't sleep either. And it was 2:30 in the morning. I certainly regret going to bed late last night. If I am fortunate enough to stay awake to usher in 2010 it will only be because I had a nap first! ;o)

I got some great photos of our Christmas tree, and I apologize for not posting them here. My camera battery seems to have lost it's will to live suddenly and I can only take a small number of photos between charges. I need to buy another...sigh. I will get those pics up here eventually...promise!

Christmas was great though...full of family and friends just like it should be. We had two parties this year, both at our house. It was nice to see everyone but also a lot of work and cleaning went on over that period of time.

The kids were super excited to get a note from Santa again this year, this time written in red marker on a white napkin and sprinkled with red glitter. Katie knows that there is no Santa but Korbin doesn't yet and she's great enough not to spoil it for him.

I heard him wake her up while it was still dark outside, around 6:30 AM and I could hear a lot of whispering. Hubby and I giggled and snuggled while listening to their excitement. Then, it was quiet, so I got up. The kids were looking out our window at the neighbor's house across the street to see if Santa's sleigh had landed there. Indeed, there was sleigh tracks in the snow...h0w exciting!

This year Katie got a bunch of Polly Pockets, Littlest Pet Shop and Webkinz type animals. I bought her a Hello Kitty hair dryer...cute! Korbin got a bunch of GI Joe and Lego toys and he's been quite occupied with them. Hubby got a game called Things that is super fun to play with a crowd. We laughed so hard!

I also got some special gifts, a set of handmade soaps and bath salts along with a pillow for our whirlpool tub. Sounds like some relaxation is in order. I also got a very special gift from my parents, a gold and silver bracelet that contains a bunch of Swarovsky crystals and this saying:
My daughter
When you're sad
I wish you joy
When you're lonely
I wish you love
When you're discouraged
I wish you hope
When your spirit is low
I wish you beauty
When you're troubled
I wish you peace
It is so touching to receive and I have been wearing it a lot since.

I also gave myself a present, a subscription to Studio Calico's monthly kits. I ordered the December and January kits this week and can't wait to get them! I've been kit free for about six months now and I miss them sooo much! I get so much creative energy just from receiving the new goodies each month, and then getting to see what their design team does with the stuff...wow, I just wish I had more time to scrap!!

One of the projects I have in mind is to create a layout that contains a letter to myself. I am going to write about where I see myself at the end of 2010 and attach it to the layout. At the end of the year I will go back and read what I had written. I think it will be a great way to reflect on my progress and has more permanence than a simple resolution. I will share that once it is completed.

One of my hopes was to have a new blog banner ready for 2010 and that is not completed yet. I will have one up soon though so watch for it!

One of the goals I had stated a couple months ago was to have an online shop up and running by the first of the year and that is ready! Go check it out!
I have some more tweaking to do and want to add on the scrapbooking kits that I've created but the cards that I have at the moment have been listed. Let me know what you like and what you don't, and also what type of cards you'd like to see. Even if you never buy a thing, it will still help me to have the feedback. Thanks!

See you again in 2010...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...