December 17, 2009

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Silence Again

It has been a long while since I've spent any time reading other blogs. Time has been particularly precious lately. But, I finally spent some time catching up. One of the bloggers I follow is Christine Middlecamp. I came across this post she wrote back in August (yes, it's been that long!) and it brought me to tears.

Silence Again


It got me thinking about all of the little things that get taken for granted. You see, Christine lost her husband to cancer about a year and a half ago. It was a short time between his diagnosis and passing. With a small son to care for, she's had a lot to overcome. When I read her post I imagined what life would be like for me without my family around me.
  • No more "Mommy will you tuck me in tonight?" from my sweeties.
  • No more homemade hot chocolate waiting for me after a particularly cold and long commute home.
  • No more snuggling at night, to keep me warm and to help me sleep contentedly.
  • No more ear piercing screams from the kids while they are being tickled by their Daddy.
  • No more amazing pot pies lovingly prepared from scratch.
  • No more arguing about the little things.
  • No more Monday nights anxiously waiting for the family to return home from karate.
  • No more snuggling under a shared blanket.
  • No more hugs, kisses, squeezes or laughter.
Although Christine's life has taken a tragic twist, she also has been given an opportunity to remind others how precious life is. Her emotions are hard to read about, but I am thankful to have read them. Life is so easily taken for granted, and I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...