It got me thinking about all of the little things that get taken for granted. You see, Christine lost her husband to cancer about a year and a half ago. It was a short time between his diagnosis and passing. With a small son to care for, she's had a lot to overcome. When I read her post I imagined what life would be like for me without my family around me.
- No more "Mommy will you tuck me in tonight?" from my sweeties.
- No more homemade hot chocolate waiting for me after a particularly cold and long commute home.
- No more snuggling at night, to keep me warm and to help me sleep contentedly.
- No more ear piercing screams from the kids while they are being tickled by their Daddy.
- No more amazing pot pies lovingly prepared from scratch.
- No more arguing about the little things.
- No more Monday nights anxiously waiting for the family to return home from karate.
- No more snuggling under a shared blanket.
- No more hugs, kisses, squeezes or laughter.