August 18, 2011

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Peep peep!

The rest of our chickens finally arrived this week!  Here they are at four days old.  They are still a bit afraid of us so it's hard to get a good picture and they are soooo tiny!! 
My chicken (no name yet) 

Smores (My son's chicken) 

Espresso (Hubby's chicken)

Adelita looks and feels like a giant compared to them.

In other good news, I was able to visit with my younger brother last weekend.  We don't get to see each other often so it is always special to me when we do.  It was one day after his birthday so I asked if I could make him a special treat and he requested cinnamon rolls so I woke up bright and early and made the best rolls ever!  So light and fluffy and not doughy tasting at all.  With all of the work involved in making breads from scratch it sure is awesome when they turn out!

In not-so-good news, our dishwasher is having a tantrum and only works when it wants to.  We will have to get it serviced because I will not do without a dishwasher!  

On top of that, our water softener died and our refrigerator needs a new seal.  I tell ya, why do these things always happen in waves?  

Quote for the week:
You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.
Epicurus


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...