August 4, 2011

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Riding through life

I can't remember if I posted this but about a month ago I started back on daily Fluoxetine (generic Prozac) because I kept going through these periods of just wanting to cry for no reason, curl up under the covers and sleep for a week.   It had been about a year since I'd taken it regularly and I experienced these symptoms that entire time but hoped they would ease up.  They didn't.  So, I reluctantly agreed to give the Fluoxetine another try.  About a week after starting it I remembered why I hated this drug so much.  It makes me incredibly SLEEPY.  I wake up tired, I nap regularly and never feel refreshed.  I simply cannot take this drug.  I am done.  The doctor said we could explore other drugs if the Fluoxetine wasn't working but I don't want to do that either.  In the meantime I can't wait to get some energy back even if I do feel sad for unexplained reasons.  I'd much rather deal with that than the extreme tiredness that I'm feeling now.

This week the family has been doing it's thing.  The kids are both out of school now and so far they haven't needed to call us at work or dial 911.   Lunches have been sandwiches or soup when it is just the two of them.  Most of the time Hubby has been home at least part of the day so they have gone on a few adventures together while I'm here slaving away at work.  They have gone on a bike ride, played softball and gone swimming.   Hubby took my daughter shopping at the mall and suffered through Aeropostale and Claire's while she found ways to spend her birthday money.  They have perused Border's bookstore for deals and spent lots of time in the backyard, in front of the TV and/or computer.  All in all a pretty relaxing summer I'd say.

We took the kids school supply shopping and I had a serious fit when I discovered my daughter required a new scientific calculator for 8th grade.  It was $95 ON SALE.  Seriously??  When I was in school we had one of the basic calculators that cost $10 or less at the local discount store.    What in the world do they need a calculator like this for?   It is more evidence of the technological world that the kids are living in.  I am hoping that in three years my son can use this calculator too.  In the meantime I'm considering buying stock in Texas Instruments.

We also browsed the clearance racks to pick up some clothes to put away for next spring.  I got my daughter two pairs of jeans for this fall and two sleeveless tops.  My son had a better selection and we got him four t-shirts and two pairs of shorts. 

Now that I think about it the $260 shopping spree was pretty modest when you consider the cost of the calculator and clothes.

This week we upgraded the kids' bikes since they had outgrown the Treks that they had.  I kinda miss those pink and orange bikes.  This time my son picked a blue and  yellow bike and my daughter a purple one.  These bikes look huge compared to their older ones.
They are both ecstatic and had to show me their bikes as soon as they saw me coming up the driveway after work.



Ride on!

Quote for the week:
"Do not confuse notoriety and fame with greatness. . . . For you see, greatness is a measure of one's spirit, not a result of one's rank in human affairs."  ~ Sherman Finesilver

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...