January 9, 2008

One Little Word - STEPS

My entry for this week's word: STEPS.

Title: These Steps I've Taken Without You

This is a story about the passing of my sister. Her 43rd birthday was six weeks after her death. We gathered graveside and released 43 balloons with our handwritten messages. I applied some different actions and effects to this photo to make the sky more vivid turning to a more black & white effect toward the bottom of the photo. I also wanted a longer flow of balloons so I merged two photos together.

Journaling: I never imagined a world without you yet here I am. You walked away from this life -- from me. We gathered to celebrate your birthday. I hope the balloons and their messages made it to you.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

so sorry about your sister... I love your layout! I really love what you did with your picture! Gorgeous!

Lynn
OLW

Adriann said...

Simply beautiful! I love the heartfelt journaling. Congrats on the favorite pic!!!

ScrapAloha said...

I'm so sorry about your sister. This LO is a beautiful tribute to her! Congrats!

DIANE said...

Penny, this is such a beautiful layout. I LOVE all the effects you used on the photo. Think of you often...HUGS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...