March 6, 2008

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Take Me to the Fount of Creativity!

Happy Thursday!!

After a couple of sluggish weeks - and I completely blame the weather - I am feeling more energetic and productive. I am feeling caught up with everything and have been able to take the time to do some much desired projects.

It was a long process to put them together but I finally posted several scrapbook kits for sale and I have several more that I need to take pictures of and list. I am really hoping to clean out my scrap room a bit - spring is always a great time for me to purge.

I also worked toward my scrapping goals the past few weeks. I was able to submit several pages to calls and had one of my pages picked up for the April issue of ScrapStreet. I think they like me there. :)

It has been a goal of mine to join a manufacturer's design team. It took me awhile to come up with a strategy and narrow down the companies that I thought were the best fit for me. I have two in particular that I am very, very much hoping that we can work together in the future. I have had some unexpected support in achieving those goals and that was a true blessing. I also gathered up the courage to send some of my work to my #1 design team choice. I can't even tell you how much excitement I felt by just emailing them and if I am fortunate enough to hear back from them I'll probably freak!! But I am a positive thinker so I know it's just a matter of time and no matter what they are still my favorite manufacturer whether I'm on their team or not. There are four total I've chosen but two of them in particular have me super excited and feeling wonderfully creative.
Please say a little prayer for me.

I am also super excited to say that I've continued to write my novel. Having a small group of readers has been extremely helpful in keeping me motivated and they offer some invaluable comments and advice. I feel like I'm at a crossroads right now with the story and have spent a few days away from writing. It is incredibly hard (or maybe just intimidating?) to come up with a multi-character story that has some form of suspense but believable all at the same time and how to sneak in background information for the characters as well.

I have spent the past few days thinking about where I want to go with the story and how I can best accomplish that. I don't have a clear-cut answer but I do have ideas and that's a great start. I am going to devote a large amount of time to writing today and hope to jump over the hurdles that I am having.

I have some more fun stuff to share but it will have to be either later tonight or tomorrow.




2 comments:

jadadog said...

hey there! Thanks for thr comment! So, I am so glad for you! Do you wanna share which DTs you're aiming for? I'll cross all my appendages for you!!! HUGS!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the DTs! I'll be thinking of you lots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...