November 15, 2008

Lovin' Bo Bunny

I had to have the Beau Jardin collection of Bo Bunny papers! It is pretty feminine with the swirls and most of the colors, but look how well it works for BOY pages too!


A cool technique I discovered is to use alcohol inks on both sides of a sheer element. I dabbed the front with a mixture of blue and green but it just didn't show up well when I put it on the page. I tried apply silver alcohol ink to the BACK of my piece and it turned out looking like a mirrored stained glass sort of thing...it's beautiful!! I'm probably the last one to figure this out but it's a wonderful technique!

Products Used:
Patterned Paper, Rub Ons (Bo Bunny)
Felt Alpha (American Crafts)
Sheer Alpha (Maya Road)
Chipboard (Scenic Route)
Ink (Ranger Distress)
Hole Puncher (Crop a Dile)
Rhinestones (Doodlebug)
Adhesive (Ad Tech)
Other: misc. paper scraps

Journaling:
There’s just something special about you. Your energy and spirit are unmistakeable.
You are very intelligent but cannot sit still for long. You are affectionate and emotional. You are a challenge.

Establishing yourself in the great big world, you are jonesing for the top. Whether you
realize it or not, you are destined for big things. I felt it before you even came into this world. This is just the beginning.

AND I LEARNED A GOOD LESSON: Make sure you understand slang before you try to use it! I used Jonesing in an entirely different way than it's true slang meaning. I think Jonesing in a sense of achievement sounds better anyway, so there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This layout is GORGEOUS!!! I love how well it works for a boy page too! And I love your journaling! Thanks for playing along with us! It was a fun sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...