November 18, 2008

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Big Decisions

I have just made a very big and difficult decision...December will be my last month with the ScrapFriends review team. I've been with them for two years now and feel ready for a change.

I don't want to stop scrapping professionally altogether. I'd like to work with a kit club or manufacturer that will involve a little less time commitment and allow me to have time to work on my writing. I have several manufacturer's I'm interested in: Bo Bunny, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras Lass and Sandylion. There is one kit club in particular that I'm hoping to be offered a design team position. They will be having a design team call any day now so that I can put in my application and pray, REALLY hard.

The most monumental aspect of this is my real commitment to writing. I dream of becoming a published author but have never really put myself in a position to achieve that. I've always let other things get in the way. So, now I am taking a proactive step to work toward that goal. It is scary and exhilarating all at the same time.


9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Good luck with your decision! I hope you get a spot on the DT that you want!

Audrey Pettit said...

Good luck to you!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Good for you for knowing when to walk away. I've recently made a similar decision and it feels great. Go for your dream of being a published author. Good luck with the kit DT!!!

Danielle Flanders said...

Good luck, Penny!

Leslie Ashe said...

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck!!

Anonymous said...

Penny, I applaud you for your commitment to your writing. Good luck! Hopefully you'll still post on the SF Board??

Steph Ackerman said...

Best of luck Penny. Go for your dreams

renee said...

Man, Penny. We will hate to see you go. But I understand dreams and trying to make them happen. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK boo ... hey I love some of the same MFR you do hee hee

Sasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...