February 18, 2010

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - We've Been Bitten!

This past weekend was a three day weekend for me. So nice and so well needed. I know I've said how busy work has been for me the past 6 months or so but lately it's sooo bad. I have had to apply so much critical thinking to so many daily decisions I feel like I have mind melt by the end of most days. It also seems like everyone knows my name and they all call me with questions. Nothing seems to be routine either....we're dealing with huge cases, issues I've never been faced with and having to come up with solutions while juggling 30 other things. There is a lot of weight on my shoulders. Through this all I've been pretty headache and anxiety free which makes me feel awesome. I see glimpses of my old, confident self again. :o)

Valentine's Day was pretty low key for us. Hubby gave me a box of David Bocco chocolates. They are all heart shaped and dusted with color and sparkly powder. With flavors like Chai Ganache, Aphrodisiac for Him, Aphrodisiac for Her, Raspberry Chipolte, Vanilla Creme Brulee and Mojito they are by far the fanciest and most delicious chocolates I've ever had. He also bought Mayan drinking chocolate. We had steak and baked potatoes for dinner and some sparkling wine to celebrate.

A few days prior my son and Hubby were putting together Legos when I got home from work. My son was so excited! I'm not sure what took him so long to get bitten, perhaps it was just the fact that his Dad was playing on the floor right along side him. When I put him to bed that night he asked if I could set his alarm for 6 AM so that he could get up and play with Legos before going to school!! Right now his Lego ships are lined up on his dresser for display.

My daughter has been obsessed with the Twilight books that have been all the rage. She is talking about Edward this and Bella that. She wants me to read them too, but it will be awhile before I get to them. She fell asleep reading New Moon and held the book in her hand the entire night. I found her the next morning like this:
Cute huh?

This week has been semi-warm in the low 30's. I know, crazy, but in Wisconsin it is starting to feel like spring with the birds singing and the sun shining. Once it warms up to the 40's and 50's we see people wearing shorts...seriously.

Till next week...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...