June 9, 2011

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - fun times and a joke

We had a fun week celebrating two of my nieces' graduations and visiting with friends and family.  We played ladder ball, frisbee, ate and chatted.

We went to the Mallard's opening game (my first time there).
and spent lots of time with Adelita.  We tried letting her walk around in our bathroom and she was too scared to move.  We put her outside in her coop for a little while and she seemed to enjoy that but it was too hot for her and we brought her back inside after about 30 minutes.  She is losing her fuzz and getting lots of feathers.
She loves to follow our hands when we play with her and even plays a little Peek-a-boo.

It is summer here now, 80's and 90's and very humid.  I broke down and turned on the air.  Bad thing is with all of the dramatic weather we have had a lot of thunderstorms.  We are currently in our basement under a tornado warning as I type (Wednesday night).  My daughter packed up a basket full of stuff.  She is funny.  Hubby came home just minutes after we came downstairs and he brought the dog down with him.  He said "I can't believe you didn't bring him down here,"  (He has never wanted him in the basement before.)  So, it's a cozy evening sitting in the basement.  Whee!

UPDATE:  No tornadoes last night but the pressure in my ears changed twice, freaked me out.  Lots of tree limb damage around Wisconsin but everything is fine in our yard except for my peony bushes are completely flattened.  They looked awesome too. 

And a joke I received in my in box this morning made me LOL. 


Skinny Dipping

Ron, an elderly man in Florida, had owned a large farm for several years.
He had a large pond in the back.
It was properly shaped for swimming, so he fixed it up  nice with picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange and lime trees.
One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the  pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it  over.  
He grabbed a five-gallon bucket to bring back some  fruit. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.  
As he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond.  
He made the women aware of his presence, and they all went to the deep end.  
One of the women shouted to him,  "We're not coming out until you leave!"  
Ron frowned,  "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked."
Holding the bucket up Ron said,  "I'm  here to feed the alligator."


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...