shop. We picked up a rotisserie chicken and I made a yummy peach, onion and basil salad (from one of the recent Martha Stewart mags), and some cheesy fried potatoes for dinner. It was a lovely day.
I did a good job on planning ahead for Hubby this year. Since he's been a daddy for 12 years I decided we should tell him 12 things that we appreciate about him and match a gift to that. The kids and I took some large tags and added what we appreciated to the front, decorated it all nicely, and then on the back I had them write specific things in their own words and handwriting. I tied each one of the tags to its coordinating gift and we gave them to him throughout the day. The kids loved bringing him the presents! It actually got to be a battle between them as to who gave him the last present and who got to go next. Here's a picture of the pile of gifts with their tags attached and the father's day card I made for him.
- Protector - Band Aid variety pack and liquid bandage
- Mr. Fix It - Teal blue duct tape cuz, ya know, duct tape fixes everything
- Helps With Homework - Study Smart aromatherapy spray purchased here.
- Watch Us Grow - Watermelon and radish seeds with decorative planters
- Cooks For Us - A badly needed oven mitt
- Plays With Us - Fender guitar picks in a lovely blue marble pattern
- Hard Working - A mean looking and sharp weeding tool
- Smart - A Mensa puzzle book for smart people
- Silly - Silly string canisters
- Brave - A Navy Seals documentary
- Takes Us Places - A Cyclaws remote controlled car
- Just Being You - A framed photo of him and the kids
Until next week...