February 1, 2007

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Strength

ast weekend hubby and I went to a marriage strengthening seminar. It was his idea. The seminar is called "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" by Mark Gunger. It was a most incredible experience. Mark is a pastor in Green Bay, WI and tours the world with his presentation.

He showed the men how to approach and relate to women. Boy, did he have a woman's feelings pegged!, right down to a woman thinking about the plumber coming next week during intercourse. (I've been guilty of this in the past.)

The women learned what drives men (and you know what that is. . .), but more importantly, how to meet and relate a man's needs.

He explained how men typically are single-taskers, and how their thought process works, and women as multi-taskers, who often are doing five things at once successfully. How do you break through all that and truly relate to each other?

Mark is just phenomenal and breaks through all of that, and with humor. We laughed hard so many times that day you'd think he was a comedian. But at the end of the day he had us each turn to each other and say vows of forgiveness to each other. It was so sad, both hubby and I cried. It's only been a few days since the seminar but both of us have already made changes in our daily lives.

We debated on buying the DVD for all of our friends and relatives to watch. IT WAS THAT GOOD! But, truthfully, this is one experience you need to see in person. You can find more information and a tour schedule on their website, www.laughyourway.com. I can't recommend this seminar enough.

For couples who don't have a seminar in your area this year, you might want to consider calling their Marriage Hopeline. It is a four week course that you do in the comfort of your home. Call 866-525-2844.

And for those familiar with the presentation, we both did the flag page and surprising for both of us, I am in Perfect-Fun country, and hubby is in Fun-Perfect country. How do you like that? It's a combination that is rarely made as striving for perfection is often times the opposite of fun, and vice versa.

Now, to a more personal note, life is getting better for me. I have felt happy at times and that gives me hope. I finally can see things beyond my own feelings, such as all couples argue, instead of thinking I always start an argument. A healthier perspective. It sounds really awful to admit that, but it's true. I have been blaming myself for everything that hasn't gone right for me. I've learned that I'm a major perfectionist and that means things are rarely good enough for me. I believe I can always do things better.

In many ways the desire to achieve and succeed is a blessing, unless you don't know when to stop.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...