May 21, 2007

I Almost Caved

I was in JC Penney's over the weekend and most everything was 50% off. They have a great petite section so I shop there often. I found a beautiful spring blouse and was looking for a skirt to match and I would have tried them on. Only I couldn't find that skirt in my size. I started hunting for other possibilities but started to feel weak for attempting to break a resolution I made only days ago. But everything was on sale and how could I pass up such great prices?! Surely this time could be an exception, couldn't it? I was still in shopping mode, but I grabbed my cell and had hubby come and pick me up. I was very close to breaking my resolution, but I stayed strong.

Now, I've discovered another side effect to this resolution. When I walked into my closet to pick out my clothes this morning I literally hated what I was looking at. Not because they aren't nice, suitable outfits, but because I had to choose something that hasn't been worn in a long time. I have a very small selection of "spring" outfits but working in air conditioning all day long in the summer there's just never been a great need for it. I have plenty to get me by, I just need to stop being spoiled and greedy and be happy for what I do have.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...