May 25, 2007

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Busy scrappin'!

This past week I got my new wide-format printer all hooked up. After months of reading reviews and talking with my brother, I decided to go with the Epson R1800. The pictures it prints are phenomenal! They look even better than some local developers I've used and the pictures I've had printed through www.kodakgallery.com.

I've been enjoying printing custom sized photos and just messing around in Photoshop to achieve some fun and funky pictures. My next step is to learn more about hybrid scrapping, digital filters and the like. I'm excited about learning new things, but I know it will take quite a bit of time, too.

I also started working with the Spellbinders watch faces die this week. It is my favorite die so far! LOVE the variety and embossed look of these. I played around with Craf-T's metallic rub ons to bring the embossing out - LOVE the look! I have finished one page and just have to assemble another and then I can share.

I've been working on CK's SOY submissions. I am excited about entering and have come up with some great ideas. I'm not stressing or pressuring myself, I'm just having fun scrapping.

Hoping to get some more difficult projects underway this weekend. I'm going to work on a layout that has a 3D element using tiny mica flakes. It will require a tweezers and a steady hand and probably about an hour's worth of patience. Have had this page percolating in my brain for weeks now, but have been putting it off because of the time involved.

I also came up with a very unique way to present my pages for SOY. I may need to purchase some more pp to finish it, but if it turns out the way I'm imagining it I think it will be fabulous and I may have to make a duplicate to keep and submit elsewhere.

I've started taking my camera with me everywhere. It's certainly made me look at life and everyday things in a different way. I'm hoping to get some more photos this weekend. Have a few images I'd like to photograph but I need to find them.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...