May 3, 2007

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Your Life Is Important

It has been quite awhile since I've shared my Thursday Thoughts with you and I've really missed it. I am excited to begin again.

First of all, here's my horoscope for today:
Being forgetful can sometimes be a blessing -- remember that the next time you're in a rush and you can't find your house keys or sunglasses. The same brain that makes you forget where you put something also lets you forget about hurtful episodes from your life -- eventually. The pain or sorrow you've felt recently is fading slowly, but it's fading surely. Have faith that the worst is behind you, because it is. Keep moving forward, and leave the past behind.
I felt like these words were written just for me. They couldn't explain my life and my recent feelings any better. It was quite shocking to read this today because just yesterday I mentioned to a coworker how frustrating it is to have such poor short term memory. It is a trade off for the medications I need to take to be well, but it is still frustrating.

Yesterday afternoon I was so proud of Katie as we watched her music class give a performance singing and playing on many different instruments. I was inspired by how easily they were able to play so many instruments and do them so well. Their passion and focus left an impression on my heart as I began to think about my initial choice to skip this performance because it was in the middle of my work day. But her dad and I both chose to take time away from work in order to be there. I am so glad I did. Tears were close to come as I thought about all of the other kids who didn't have a parent there to watch them. It was a giant wake up call on how I set my priorities.

Sorry about the fuzzy photo!

On my way into work this morning I thought about the things I'd like to write about and share with you. The idea of setting goals is sticking to me heavily this month, but you already know how important I believe it is to set goals for yourself, but right now my feelings are different. I am remembering how fragile life is, and how much I take for granted. When my kids kiss me goodbye in the morning I expect to see them again that afternoon. But what if I didn't? What if that was my last time to ever see them again?

These thoughts are even stronger when I read about Jen Gallacher's (www.twopeasinabucket.com) son passing away yesterday. No parent should ever go through that. I can't think of anything worse than losing a child.

My message today is YOUR LIFE IS IMPORTANT! Live each day as if it's your last. Thinking about that statement, I mean really thinking about it, brings me back to what is important in my life. What I never want to do without. What I take for granted. Today is a great day to begin.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great thought, Penny! You have been a huge inspiration to me. From the struggles you went through to begin your life to the problems that arise every new day, I have watched you conquer them head-on. You make me proud to be your brother.
I often think about a phrase in the movie The Outlaw Josey Wales. "Endeavor to persevere" to me means to always endure. It's easy to enjoy the good times, but the bad times should be cherished also since they too are what makes up "life".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...