March 5, 2009

NOVEL: A tiny taste

Here's a little taste of what I wrote last. I'm particularly proud of this writing. It just sounds poetic to me.
The hurt that Alex felt was buried deep inside, locked away and forgotten. Like a piece of shrapnel that slices through its unintended victim, the injury could never be undone.

She was damaged goods. That is the way she was treated as a child and that, too, could never be undone. The hate she felt for her father welled up like a toilet about to overflow. Full of filth and turbulence, there was no stopping it.
This will be for the as yet untitled female heroine (Alex) novel.

My friend Gayle has a handy-dandy word count on her blog that is WAY ahead of where I am, but I thought it was a great idea, so I thought I'd do it too. Hats off to you Gayle!

#2 Heroine Alex: 6,244 words
#1 Jagged Mirror 7,218 words

2 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

you are a great writer!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!!!! It has been at least a year or two since I've last seen your blog. It is SO beautiful and artistic!!!! I can't believe how much more artistically expressive you've become over the years. Congrats!

The writing sounds great as well. I'm working on a novel also, which was based in part on some work I've been doing with a life coach here in CA, and in part on some dreams I've had which sparked a story idea that I can't wait to tell. I would love to share some thoughts on writing with you, but will send you an e-mail rather than clog up your blog. I am so glad you reminded me of the blog, I guess I am still stuck in the 20th century and miss your Thoughts e-mails :) Take care honey, love and hugs to you--write on, sister!!!! Love, wen :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...