March 5, 2009

NOVEL: A tiny taste

Here's a little taste of what I wrote last. I'm particularly proud of this writing. It just sounds poetic to me.
The hurt that Alex felt was buried deep inside, locked away and forgotten. Like a piece of shrapnel that slices through its unintended victim, the injury could never be undone.

She was damaged goods. That is the way she was treated as a child and that, too, could never be undone. The hate she felt for her father welled up like a toilet about to overflow. Full of filth and turbulence, there was no stopping it.
This will be for the as yet untitled female heroine (Alex) novel.

My friend Gayle has a handy-dandy word count on her blog that is WAY ahead of where I am, but I thought it was a great idea, so I thought I'd do it too. Hats off to you Gayle!

#2 Heroine Alex: 6,244 words
#1 Jagged Mirror 7,218 words

Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...