November 15, 2009

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Check In

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by and, yet, I am still questioning my focus and future direction. I've wanted to ask anyone who will listen "What should I do...write, scrap, both??" and have the answer given to me. What I've come to realize though is that the reason this has been so difficult for me is because I am asking a question that only I can answer. Perhaps I am afraid of commitment, or maybe--probably--of failure.

What I want to do the most is to write, however, that can feel tedious and trying and then, what if I put in all that time and effort and nothing ever comes of it? Honestly, I feel like I can do this, I am just not so good at plodding away through the trudgery of it all. I am most definitely a person who likes the instant feedback and encouragement. Maybe I just need to do a weekly writing check in - that is probably what I'll end up doing. Somehow, some way, this will be my focus for 2010.

I do enjoy crafting so much though! I just can't stop it, and I've found that creating consistently produces a much better, effortless result. If I stop I get uncertain of where or how to start again. This is why I've been keeping up with my Use Your Stash posts. I hope you've enjoyed them. I now have layouts posted for the remainder of 2009. How cool is that? Definitely makes me feel like I can have the best of both worlds.

In addition to my Use Your Stash posts I have decided to try selling cards through Etsy. I've already made a half dozen cards and plan to make another dozen at least before beginning to list them. My goal is to open for business on January 1st. It certainly won't be a money-making operation but it will satisfy my creative release and use up my stash... both great things! I am excited and thinking hard on a business name. Suggestions?

I will be redoing my blog banner for 2010 as well. Still thinking on that one, although it will be focused on words and writing.

It seems like I can get twice as much done if I have a plan and that is what I've come up with. A way to share myself and my work with you on a consistent basis. These pieces will not all fall into place simultaneously, but look for these posts in the near future:

Mondays - Use Your Stash - I will share scrapbooking pages using up supplies from my stash.

Wednesdays - Wednesday Words - These posts will share what I've been writing in my novel during the past week. Look for small snippets of my novel in its rough, first draft format.

Thursday - Thursday Thoughts - These posts focus on my life at the moment. Sometimes they are reflective, sometimes informational, all depends on what mood I'm in at the moment.

Fridays - Friday Favorites - I will share a few of my favorite things at the moment.

So...that's the plan! I hope you join me as I pull it together and get cracking! Most of all, please drop me a comment once in awhile. Makes me feel like I'm not just talking to myself. ;o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...