April 30, 2007

Lovely Weekend

I had a nice weekend visiting with my family.

I spent Saturday with my parents. Mom and I and the kids visited my grandma and then ran some errands. I bought a small bouquet of reddish/cream colored roses and placed them on my sister's grave. It was the first time the kids have come with me which was probably good to keep my mind from remembering how sad this is. They asked a lot of questions and when I explained that my sister was buried beneath us Korbin said "Oh, we better dig her out so we can see her again." That just tugged at my heart. I explained what happens when someone dies. They were quite interested on where my sister's head and heart might be. Korbin then want to sing a song "You are my Valentine" sung like "You are my Sunshine" but substituting valentine for sunshine. Then we said a prayer together and said goodbye.

Later on my dad grilled out hamburgers (which I made....super yummy!), my brother and sister-in-law were visiting as well so we have a big table full of family and good food. My day doesn't get more perfect than that. By the time we got home we all went to bed. It had been a long day.

Sunday I did a little bit of scrapping in the morning along with some laundry. The kids spent almost the entire morning outside. I made a quick lunch and then the kids and I cleaned the house while hubby mowed the lawn. He also planted our seedlings in the garden. I'm excited to see the kids learn about gardening this year and having a much bigger garden to plant in. Yum! In the afternoon hubby's dad and his wife came up for a visit and we headed out to Pedro's to celebrate both of their birthdays. There was a balloon animal guy there and he was so fun! He totally engaged the kids and the rest of the table and we were quickly laughing hysterically. We got a little rowdy with the "mouse" balloon he made for the adults which sort of looked like something a little more phallic so we started giggling about that too, and ended up flinging them around the table like a slingshot. Hey, our food hadn't come yet, so we were keeping ourselves occupied! I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. But we got a little too crazy with our balloons and irritated a lady next to us, so that was the end of our fun and games. Anyway, margaritas all around (even the kids--non-alcoholic of course!), yummy food and hubby and I split a deep fried snickers bar topped with real whipped cream and a cherry and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. OH MY GOD...it was worth every calorie!! After dinner and the kids were tucked into bed for the night we watched "The Last King of Scotland" which was really quite good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...