January 8, 2009

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Rejection With a Side of Whiplash

I'm feeling sorry for myself today. It isn't any one thing, but just the way I'm feeling. This would be a great time to turn my emotions into writing my novel but I haven't been able to harness that yet. In the meantime, I'm working on snapping myself out of it.

My body hurts. We are dealing with treacherous ice conditions here and I fell on it Tuesday. It must have looked quite hilarious as both feet flew out in front of me and I fell flat on my back and head with my glasses flying off. I've never fallen so quickly or without a chance to try to prevent falling. It just happened. I think I fell perfectly as no one area got the brunt of it, but I've been hurting all over since then. I have a bruise on my butt and the front and side of my neck hurts really bad. I think I got some whiplash. You don't realize how much you use your neck until something like this happens. Each day I'm feeling a bit better and hoping the blow to my head didn't make my brain damage worse than it already was. (kidding)

The announcement for Create My Keepsake's design team was announced yesterday and I was not chosen. (Boo hooo!) I'm disappointed, naturally, but it's still a great place to be and I'm looking forward to seeing what the design team comes up with to inspire me! I'm not quite sure what I'll do at this point as far as looking into some other DT's. There are some possibilities I'm interested in but need to decide if it's what I want since CMK is where I really want to design. There is a great sense of freedom not carrying any design obligations but it also one of my greatest sources of inspiration and determination. I work best with goals and a schedule and I think I need to maintain that somehow.

Lastly, each year Ali Edwards challenges us to choose one word to represent your life in the coming year. I had not planned to choose one this year but one kept sneaking into my thoughts over the weekend and I think it totally fits where my heart is right now. My word is: SIMPLIFY. It is a paring down of material goods, as well as getting my home to a place where I love every little bit of it and truly focusing on the things that are important to me. I've been working toward this goal at an inspiring pace so far...I'll just keep going...one step at a time. I'm blessed to have you by my side.

4 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

Oh Penny, hope you are feeling better soon, that does hurt like heck.
Sorry about CMK, it is just so hard to get on a design team, but you will do it. Positive vibes sent your way.

Anonymous said...

I fell on the ice last year and effed up my shoulder but good. I would suggest, if your insurance covers it, seeing a physical therapist. The stretches my therapist recommended (as well as her insights about how my posture was hindering my recovery) were very helpful, and reassuring. (((Hope you feel better soon!)))

Unknown said...

As your brother . . . and knowing you are not hurt too badly . . . I would have had a nice laugh at your expense :) Ya gotta love big brothers!!!
But, seriously, I hope you feel better soon. I've hurt myself enough over my lifetime to fill the quota for our entire family!

ellen s. said...

oh no, i hope you are feeling better. take it easy! sorry about CMK! get them next time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...