June 19, 2009

FRIDAY FLASHBACK - The 80's

You Know You Grew Up In The 80s When...
You know what "Sike" means.
(Yeah...)

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
(Yeah)

You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer".
(Yep)

You can sing the McDonald's Big Mac, Filet-o-fish, quarter pounder and French fry song.
(I know the Big Mac song even though I never liked them!)

You know who Mr. T is.
(Yeah)

You know who Fat Albert is. And who was the old boy with the pink mask?
(Hey, it's Fat Albert. Pink mask? Not sure on that one.)

You ever wore fluorescent, neon clothing.
(I still do...hello!)

You could breakdance, or wish you could.
(um....no but we had a performance at an 8th grade mixer. I thought those boys were sooo cool!)

You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
(Um...no.)

You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"
(Nope...)

Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.
(Totally!!)

You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
(I wasn't into them.)

You knew that knowing is half the battle.
(?)

You wanted to be on Star Search.
(Nope...those people seemed odd to me.)

You can remember Michael Jackson when he was black.
(Who's Michael Jackson?? Yes, of course I remember.)

You wore a banana clip at some point during your youth.
(Yes, yes, I did.)

You remember the garbage pail kids, and owned some.
(Nope.)

You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
(I sure did.)

You knew "Rut row raggy" and "Zoinks."
(Um...yeah...and it's still on for the kids.)

You HAD to have your MTV.
(It was just around the time we got cable when MTV came on. Miss the old MTV.)

"The Breakfast Club" become an instant classic.
(Yes. I adore Molly Ringwald.)

You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
(We had one, but my neighbor's Intellivision was better.)

You owned only cassettes.
(I had lots, but albums and 45's too.)

You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
(No, I couldn't imagine the world at 2000.)

You remember and/or owned any of the Care Bear Glass collection from Pizza Hut or the Muppets glasses from McDonalds.
(Nope, but I had the Smurfs glasses from McDonalds)

Poltergeist freaked you out.
(Still does....)

You knew who Ben Stein was before you could win his money, "Bueller?"
(No.)

You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins, ET, Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, Strawberry Shortcake or A-Team lunch box.
(I don't remember...probably!)

You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female Smurf.
(That never occurred to me!)

You know what leg warmers are and probably had a pair.
(Yes...is that bad?)

You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
(I don't think so.)

You wore your Izod shirt with the collar up.
(No.)

You had a Swatch Watch with the Swatch Guard.
(No, only the cool, rich kids could afford a Swatch watch.)

Your Legos collection started with the free sets in a Happy Meal.
(Nope.)

You remember when Happy Meals came in a box, not a paper bag.
(Sure do, with cool toys too!)

You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
(No, never watched late night TV.)

You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos.
(No...)

You know what a "Push Up" ice cream is.
(Yes....don't they still make those??)

You had to come in the house when the street lights came on.
(We didn't have street lights in the country.)

You had to change into play clothes after school.
(Not sure.)

You owned or knew somebody with a Commodore 64.
(Yes.)

You hated Scrappy Doo.
(No.)

You recorded songs off the radio with your boom box.
(Yes!!)

You wish you had a light saber.
(No.)

Somehow you still know all the words to songs played on VH1's "Big 80's" ("it's been 7 hours & 15 days...")
(No.)

Your arm was full of rubber bracelets.
(Like totally! Don't forget Jelly (sp?) shoes too!)

You have ever said, "Gag me with a spoon."
(I still say that.)

You have ever wondered what happened to Saturday morning cartoons.
(No, only the kind of cartoons they show these days.)

You had to get up to change the channel.
(Yes...)

You can still sing 1 to 12 from the Pinball machine on Sesame Street.
(?)

You thought the "Thriller" video was pretty cool.
(Yes.)

You remember the first time you went into a video store to rent a movie.
(No.)

You wore those wide, colorful shoelaces.
(No.)

Quiet Riot's "Come on feel the noise" was the best song - ever.
(It still is.)

You know where "I want my two dollars" came from.
(No)

You still cannot go in to the water because of that damn movie - Jaws.
(duh, dum, dah, dum....)

El Debarge's "Get a beat to the Rhythm of the night" plagued the radio every hour.
(OMG...I don't want to hear that song in my head...wiping memory!)

You remember life before minivans and SUVs.
(And seatbelts too!)

2 comments:

SALTZWORKS said...

...am I totally dating myself by saying that I was already out of high school for most of this?!!

What a list for memories though!

Anonymous said...

I heart the 80's!!!! LOL
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Penny! Good luck with the SAS blog hop and keep chasing your dreams! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...