April 5, 2010

USE YOUR STASH - Doodling Templates, Patterned Paper Scraps, Buttons, Thickers

I'm taking a much harder look at my supplies lately and have changed my approach to using my stash.

First of all, I have randomly grabbed things from my bins and determined to use them up completely or throw them away if I can't.

Secondly, I am placing all of my tiny bits that for whatever reason don't get used on one project into a small container on my desk and each time I scrap that is where I look first for embellishments.  Whatever doesn't get used by the end of the month either gets put into a future kit or thrown away.

And thirdly, any products that I do not use from my Studio Calico kits each month get set aside to be put into a kit and sold in my shop.  (That's great news for my kit buyers because you'll be seeing lots more new releases!)

This week's stash challenge is a product of my first two statements.  The buttons were pulled randomly from my stash.  The patterned paper was taken from my scrap bin.  The Hambly overlay, phrase stickers and doodling template were just laying on my desk.  The orange vinyl Thickers I've never cared for but didn't have the heart to throw them away got used here, and then I did throw them out.  The cardstock was a leftover from a card I'd made recently.  The vellum star was in that little container on my desk.  When all was said and done the only things I pulled out specifically for this layout were the cardstock, pink Thickers and the BasicGrey letter stickers.  Pretty awesome I'd say and even better?  I actually like the way this layout turned out!

Title:  Enjoy Each Moment
By the way, this is my niece, Kayla, singing at Smiles this past August.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...