October 16, 2008

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Following the leader

We met with a psychologist and two grad students at the UW on Monday to talk about my son's behavior at school. The meeting lasted for two hours where we went over things very thoroughly. Right now they are gathering information from his doctors and teachers and will be observing in his classroom next week. I am told that they provide an extremely thorough report and it doesn't cost too much so I thought it was worth a shot. I am looking forward to an objective viewpoint.

This year has seemed much different for my son. He actually goes to school happy and seems very enthused about it. I wouldn't know that he's still struggling if I hadn't asked his new teachers about it.

Hubby has slowly been picking up clients - he's got five now! OK, so it's obviously not enough to pay the bills but it seems like those days are on the horizon. He also has been interviewing at several places to provide some supplemental income until his business gets busier.

I had lunch with my friend Diane last week at a really yummy cafe called Jo's Tazzina Cafe & Confectionery located just a few blocks from work. It was absolutely delicious!! I'd love to go there again.

It has been a quiet week otherwise. I've been cleaning things up including emails & my scraproom and am getting ready to have a scrap-tastic evening...maybe tonight!

Also, my new How-To was just published on ScrapFriends: How to Color With Masks. Enjoy!


1 comment:

mandysea said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I read with interest about your son. We've pretty much been through the same some years ago though in a different country. Hope you find your answers. It sure does help knowing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...