October 2, 2008

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - Don't Eat the Scorpion

I spent the majority of last week in San Antonio, TX. My first time visiting Texas! It was gorgeous. Warm weather and sunny skies every day!! I stayed directly on the Riverwalk at the amazing Westin Hotel. The service there is really top notch.

I didn't get a lot of free time but I did manage to have my very first prickly pear margarita, visited the Alamo, fresh tuna and crab and purchased the mandatory souvenirs. One of which was this creepy Scorpion Sucker from Hotlix. I thought my 7 year old son would get a kick out of licking around this plastic scorpion. Only I come to find out that it is a REAL scorpion inside of this banana flavored sucker. How gross is that??? So now despite my attempt to bring home a yummy gift for my son he now has a sucker he can't eat.

Apparently these things are edible, but I certainly wouldn't try it. Everytime I think about licking that sucker and feeling a REAL insect inside I get the shivers...and so does my son...so far.

I've got so much more to say but I'll leave it for another post. Peace.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...