April 20, 2009

USE YOUR STASH CHALLENGE - Rub Ons

For this week's challenge I grabbed a VERY, VERY old sheet of rub ons I had lying around. So old that it didn't have its packaging anymore and I don't remember the manufacturer though I think it was Chatterbox. The rub on sheet contained a mixture of alphabet and flowers...and this is what I did with it:

Title: 5th Grade

I applied the rub ons to scraps of paper and die cut tags and then cut them out with a circle punch or scalloped circle punch. Each of these has its own foam adhesive so there's several layers going on.I applied the alphabet along a border die cut. The letters went with the theme of this LO so that worked out well. I think alphabets are pretty universal though and can be used as accents rather than focal points.

I counted 15 rub ons on this layout (counting A-Z as one rub on)...and I was able to polish off this very old sheet of rub ons! Let's see what you can do!!

Sneak peek: thinking about stickers!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper (Bo Bunny-brown, My Minds Eye-photo mat & I have to check on the pink striped one)
Die Cut Shapes (My Minds Eye-border, tags, flowers, Tinkering Ink-partial tag)
Adhesive (Stampin Up, Ad Tech)
Ink (Color Box)
Marker (Zig)
Brads (BasicGrey)
Chipboard (Heidi Swapp)
Foam Alpha (American Crafts)
Vinyl Frame (KI Memories)
Punches (Stampin Up, EK Success)
Other: buttons, ribbon



The Rules: Projects must be NEWLY created for this challenge. Traditional or Hybrid OK. Deadline for this challenge: April 30th. Winner will be chosen randomly and receive a lovely RAK from me! :) Have fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...